What we believe
Mission Statement: Heart for Uganda (HFU) exists to carry God’s heart for the Ugandan people by loving others through the compassion of Jesus. We strive to lead others to spiritual and physical transformation, as their value and identity is established in Christ.
Vision: To see God’s love break all barriers and release hope and freedom to individuals, communities, and even nations.
- Rescue orphaned and vulnerable children and minister to the lost and destitute of Uganda.
- Share the love of Jesus in practical ways, providing for the basic needs of the Ugandan community in areas of health, sanitation, education, and economic development.
- Increase in our personal knowledge of God and grow closer in our relationship with Him, so that by our living example we will make Jesus known and guide people all over the world into a deeper understanding of the Bible and an intimate relationship with God.
- Provide opportunities for all areas of society to discover Christ in all His fullness.
- Demonstrate God’s all surpassing power and sufficiency through our mission.
- Exalt and glorify God through our words, actions, and outcomes.
Motto: “Replicating God’s Heart to Bring Him Glory”
Theme Scripture: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound…to grant to those who mourn in Zion—to give them a beautiful headdress instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.” Isaiah 61:1, 3
What We Believe:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3: 15, 16)
- We believe that there is one God existent in three persons: God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:4-6 / John 10:30 / Matthew 1:23)
- We believe that all are lost because of sin. The only way of salvation is through faith that Jesus Christ died, was buried and resurrected as the only atonement for our sins (Luke 24:46, 47 / Romans 3:23 / Ephesians 1:7, 2:8-9 / Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe it is our responsibility to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20 / Acts 1:8)